Full Lifecycle Pole Joint Use
Utility pole joint ownership and joint use attachments can be difficult, expensive and the source of conflict. Changing regulations and FCC rules make this even more complex. Varasset’s joint use module incorporates asset management, work management, custom billing, mobile inspections and notification functionality to give you complete control and awareness.
- Pole, attachment and underground assets
- Asset & work history
- Contracts, permits, sureties & complete attachment history
- Large & small-scale attachment permitting via web portal, enhancing & automating the process
- Inspections & corrections
- Pole Transfers & safety violation communication
- Electronic notifications (integrated with NJUNS or other notification tools)
- Attachment rental & administrative billing
- Attacher ownership change tracking & overlashing
- Pole/attachment removal & sale of asset
- Dispute resolution tracking
- Asset/activity analysis & business intelligence
- Integration with internal databases (e.g., GIS, FIS, CIS)
- Mobile software for field inspections (our own, or others)
Joint Use Attachments
Whether you are a pole owner or attacher, Varasset has invoicing features you need.
- Track all attachments, their locations and history
- Identify and resolve asset ownership issues
- Keep billing data accurate and up-to-date
- Rate-driven invoicing, connected directly to pole & attachment records
- Integrated field inspections, corrections and preventive maintenance
Varasset can interface mobile tools such as Esri Collector, Esri Survey123, Esri Workforce, ikeGPS, O-Calc Pro, Pole Foreman, etc., to collect field data:
- GPS coordinates & other asset characteristics
- Pole loading information
- Conditions or violations
- Digital photos & videos
Varasset allows you to configure your own specific business rules. Varasset’s automated workflows and condition-based notifications reduce labor and improve responsiveness.
Notifications can be routed to internal or external email addresses, or to groups of users.
Alerts, which can be triggered by business rules or conditions, can flag safety hazards, incomplete tasks or important notes.
NJUNS is a member-owned nonprofit consisting of over 1,600 US electric utilities, communication providers, wireless companies and public agencies. It is designed to facilitate communication between pole owners and attachers.
We offer an integrated Varasset/NJUNS interface to enhance and improve your NJUNS experience. You can create custom queries and reports, automate ticket creation & updates, and use the “bulk update” function to increase efficiency.