We are looking for someone who is detailed, analytical, has a strong interest in software projects, and enjoys interacting with people. This person will apply their excellent communication skills toward gathering technical requirements from clients and communicating those to the Varasset Implementation team.
This role includes contributing to the analysis and design of conceptual solutions related to our flagship work and asset management product, Varasset.
The Business Analyst will collaborate with client and internal stake holders to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to provide project support.
- Communicate and present technical aspects, risks, challenges, and selling points of a solution to clients. Lead clients to best practices.
- Identify, evaluate and assess risks to mitigate them and eliminate any factor that might hinder the successful delivery of a solution.
- Assist and/or lead requirements gathering workshops
- Develop to-be business process maps based on industry standard and best practices
- Be the intermediary between clients and the development team.
- Assist in the creation of detailed design documents for system configuration, customization, data migration and integration
- Define technical specifications for workflows and business rules
- Support integration, system and user acceptance testing
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
- Process analysis or business analysis: 1 year
- Ability to influence teams & business partners to a future state with a focus on incremental value
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Awareness of agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Provide insight to for project scheduling and project budgeting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team-facilitation skills.
- Leadership ability. Good presenter and speaker. Comfortable in front of groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 2+ years of business analysis experience
- Familiarity with programming languages
- Understanding of relational databases
- Functional knowledge of enterprise software systems
- Experience with analyzing requirements Experience with the electric utility or telecommunications industry
- Ability to travel