The Solutions Architect translates business needs into technical systems solutions, involving a combination of hardware, software solutions and integration components. This role includes designing conceptual solutions related to our flagship work and asset management product, Varasset. The role requires the skills typically found in project managers, business analysts, and solutions consultants.
The right applicant is able to exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks. Working under minimal supervision, this role involves analyzing variable factors and determining the best course of action. Confident leadership and critical decision-making are key.
The Solutions Architect works with clients to understand their system requirements, and particular issues they need resolved/addressed. These issues are diverse in scope and range in complexity from moderate to substantial. Utilizing Varasset capabilities along with other tools such as GIS and systems integrations, the Solution Architect designs a conceptual solution leveraging the right technologies & functions to meet the objective.
This role will also provide architectural strategies & solutions, assessments and road maps for client implementations of Varasset. The Solutions Architect will collaborate with client and internal stake holders to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to provide solution architect expertise.
- Communicate and present technical aspects, risks, challenges, and selling points of a solution to clients. Lead clients to best practices.
- Identify, evaluate and assess risks to mitigate them and eliminate any factor that might hinder the successful delivery of a solution.
- Assist and/or lead requirements gathering workshops
- Work closely with business analysts to develop to-be business process based on industry standard and best practices
- Be the intermediary between clients and the development team.
- Lead high-level design workshops
- Draft detailed design documents for system configuration, customization, data migration and integration
- Define technical specifications for workflows and business rules
- Configure, build and unit test components, including data structures, roles, workflows and portals
- Train and mentor colleagues in implementation activities and best practices
- Support integration, system and user acceptance testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field + 5 years of architecture/engineering experience
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of enterprise software systems
- Proven experience in end user solutions for large corporations where uptime and continuous availability is core to the business
- Ability to influence teams & business partners to a future state with a focus on incremental value
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Proficient in agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Provide insight to for project scheduling and project budgeting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team-facilitation skills.
- Strong leader. Good presenter and speaker. Comfortable in front of groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the Java programming language or similar
- Understanding of relational database development using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with analyzing requirements and designing complex integrations between enterprise software systems
- Experience with the electric utility or telecommunications industry
- Some ability to travel to client sites