Last updated: June 18, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
Words where the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Software or parts of our Software.
Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named JU365
Company (referred to as either “the Company,” “We,” “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Varasset, 4400 NE 77th Avenue, Suite 275, Vancouver, Washington 98662-6857.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: Washington State, United States
Device means any device that can access the Software such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Software refers to Joint Use 365 provided by Varasset.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Software, to provide the Software on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Software or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Software is used.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Software or from the Software infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Users refers collectively to the end users of the Software.
You/Your refers to the end user of the Software.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Software or when we perform services for You, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
Usage Data is not automatically collected when using the Software, but We may request it during Our routine support of the Software.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Software, including, with Your permission, to monitor the usage of our Software.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Software. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Software that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Software users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Software, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your Personal Data in the following situations:
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- Legal Obligation: We may be required to share Your Personal Data in response to subpoena, warrant or other legal requirements.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your Personal Data for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company may also retain Usage Data that You provide for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Software, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other place where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Software
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Software or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a data breach which may have disclosed Your Personal Data in an unencrypted and intelligible form, We will make reasonable efforts to notify You as soon as possible thereafter.
Requests to Cease Processing Your Data
You may request that We stop collecting and using Your Personal Data for the Purpose, however, this will result in our inability to support Our Software, and may therefore require us to terminate the JU365 Subscription Agreement and remove the Software from Your system.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
The Service Providers We use may have access to Your Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Software in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
Our Software is not directed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.